There are countless ways to give back to your community by volunteering at the Flint Hills Discovery Center! We are always looking for passionate volunteers to help with special events, education programs, interpret exhibits and more.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Get involved & give back to the community
- Earn service hours
- Build your resume
- Be a part of an organization wanting to help others learn science and history
To sign-up to volunteer, fill out our online form
or click here to email
our Volunteer Coordinator.
Qualifications & Training
- Must be 13+ years of age
- Must successfully pass a background check
- Must attend necessary training sessions (scheduled regularly throughout the year)
Process to Volunteer
- Fill out our online volunteer form. Our volunteer manager will respond to you within 5 business days.
- Attend an interview with our volunteer manager
- Pass a background check
- Attend a general orientation on "History & Safety" at the Flint Hills Discovery Center
- Attend specialized training sessions like "Orientation & Interpretation"
- Get scheduled & volunteer